Conversion of a period building set in the heart of Nottingham city centre.
The building is within a conservation area and contains many historic features that needed to be carefully restored.
The development was above a bar and restaurant so access was challenging.
The four and five bedroom apartments were finished combining the period features with modern elements.
The project was started in November 2016 and completed in the summer of 2017.
The project included:
- Careful removal of suspended ceilings to expose the original features.
- Strip out of redundant fixtures and fittings.
- Overhaul slate roof and lead work.
- Installation of new velux roof windows and AOV.
- Removal of windows and ornate plaster work affected by dry rot.
- New window openings with new timber windows.
- Reinstatement of period features.
- Installation of mezzanine floors with glass balustrade surround creating sleeping areas.
- Installation of bespoke staircases.
- Kitchen installation with coloured altro splashbacks.
- New bath/shower rooms with porcelain tiles.
- New gas and water services fitted.
- New floor finishes throughout.
- Designed and delivered to meet HMO regulations.